I get a lot of compliments on how I style my hair, and rightfully so - as it is not an easy task manhandling this mane on a daily basis. Following the sideways compliments (i.e. "your hair looks combed today") come numerous requests for hair product recommendations. With that in mind, I thought I'd share with my readers some of the products that are currently trending for me. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have!
1. Healthy Sexy Hair Leave-In Conditioner I am known for my lack of responsibility when it comes to washing my hair (or self, in general) a reasonable amount. This product is the answer to every nappy hair girl's prayers! And trust me, I have tested its limits.
2. Moroccan Oil Treatment This product I use in conjunction with 3. Sebastian Progressional Microweb Fiber. I squeeze about a penny size of these two together and rub them on the ends of my hair. Everyone should be applying oil & fiber to their hair, especially if you have colored hair like myself. It leaves your hair feeling and looking 100x healthier!
4. Hot Tools 1" Curling Iron My holy grail! I pledge allegiance to this baby. I say it time and time again, every woman should own a 1" curling iron. Many are deterred by the size, with the apprehension that it is too small but this is the most versatile curling iron size, IMO. Hair tip: for looser curls, curl your hair very tight to your scalp and brush out the curls after. Bigger curls does NOT mean bigger curling iron!
5. Teasing Brush What a difference this makes in your hair! If you crave volume like I do - get this brush, ladies. 'Nuff said.
6. Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion I use this product in replacement of hairspray, although you most certainly can combine the two. It holds and lifts your hair at the roots without a heavy product feeling. It comes in a powder form so be careful not to overdo it. Snowfall is still (hopefully) a few months away, so you have no scapegoat.